“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
SERVPRO® of Douglas & Otter Tail Counties is a trusted leader in mold mitigation and remediation services. No mold removal is 100 percent effective as mold is a naturally-occurring fungus, and microscopic mold spores are always floating around in the Earths’ atmosphere, waiting for the perfect conditions to colonize.
Mold is a common problem in Minnesota. Mold can become an infestation when water or excessive moisture allows the mold to grow excessively, and mold can then become visible in as little as 48 to 72 hours. Although we will not be able to remove every single spore, we can mitigate the problem to virtually undetectable levels.
Our technicians are trained and certified in applied microbial remediation. We understand the science behind mold growth. Although we cannot guarantee to remove every microscopic spore, we can return mold-infested homes and businesses to pre-mold condition. We also provide cleaning services to restore clothing, belongings, upholstered furniture, drapes, and carpeting with mold damage.
Mold is a dangerous substance that requires special equipment and chemicals to remove safely. Call the professionals at SERVPRO® of Douglas & Otter Tail Counties at the first sign of a mold problem.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (320) 219-6505
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (320) 219-6505
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Douglas & Otter Tail Counties is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: