Frozen Pipe Prevention Tips for Kensington Homes?
- When the weather is very cold outside, let the cold water drip from the faucet served by exposed pipes. Running water through the pipe - even at a trickle - helps prevent pipes from freezing.
- Keep garage doors closed if there are water supply lines in the garage
- Open kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors to allow warmer air to circulate around the plumbing. Be sure to move any harmful cleaners and household chemicals up out of the reach of children.
- Keep the thermostat set to the same temperature both during the day and at night. By temporarily suspending the use of lower nighttime temperatures, you may incur a higher heating bill, but you can prevent a much more costly repair job if pipes freeze and burst.
- If you will be going away during cold weather, leave the heat on in your home, set to a temperature no lower than 55° F.
Call Us Today!
When your Kensington home or business needs storm damage restoration services, SERVPRO® of Douglas & Otter Tail Counties has a team of highly trained technicians on call 24-hours a day to respond to your call. Call us today at 320-219-6505.
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.