Storm Damage in Garfield?
Flash Flooding in Garfield?
SERVPRO® of Douglas & Otter Tail Counties has been mitigating storm damage for Garfield residents for years. Douglas County’s website offers valuable information on storm and severe weather preparedness and offers these flash flood safety tips:
What to do in a Flash Flood
- Be prepared to evacuate and go to high ground immediately
- Get out of areas subject to flooding, such as low spots, canyons, washes, etc.
- Do not attempt to cross a flowing stream on foot. Even water only six inches deep, when moving at a high rate of speed, can knock you off your feet.
- Never drive through flooded areas or standing water. Shallow, swiftly flowing water can wash a car from a roadway. Also, the roadbed may not be intact under the water.
- If the vehicle stalls, abandon it immediately and seek higher ground. Rapidly rising water may engulf the vehicle and its occupants.
- Be especially cautious at night when it’s harder to recognize flood dangers
- Do not camp or park your vehicle along streams and washes, particularly during threatening conditions
- Understand the difference between a Flash Flood Watch and a Flash Flood Warning
Call Us Today!
SERVPRO® of Douglas & Otter Tail Counties is on call 24-hours a day to respond to storm damage emergencies in Garfield. Call us today at 320-219-6505.
SERVPRO® of Douglas & Otter Tail Counties is Independently Owned and Operated.