Emergency Ready Profile
As a homeowner you always want to make sure you have emergency contacts close by in case anything unexpected happens. What if you are a homeowner but also a business owner? I know personally I couldn't imagine the amount of stress! SERVPRO realizes that you might not think about the unexpected things that might happen to your business; flooding, tornado damage, etc.
That's why we have our Emergency Ready Program available to you! Our ERP, Emergency Ready Profile is the best way to reduce business interruption following a disaster, plan for it now! As many as 50% of businesses may never recover following a disaster, according to the latest industry research. Of the businesses that survive, the overwhelming majority of them had a preparedness plan in place. Pre-planning can serve as an insurance policy aimed at peace of mind. By developing a SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile for your business, you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business.
The SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile Advantage A no cost assessment of your facility. – This means there is no need to allocate funds, giving you a great value at no cost. A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency. – It will only take a little time to complete and will not take you away from current projects. But it will save a lot of time if ever needed. A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster. – This can help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive by having an immediate plan of action. Establishes your local SERVPRO® Franchise Professional as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider. – You have a provider that is recognized as an industry leader and close by. Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin. – This saves time so we can begin the work of mitigating the damage which can save you time and money. Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information. – Having a quick reference of what to do, how to do it and who to call provides solutions in advance of an emergency so that during the emergency you are “Ready for whatever happens.” Give a call today and set up your ERP!
Water Damage: Dos and Don'ts
With water damage, immediate action is crucial. SERVPRO® of Douglas and Otter Tail Counties responds immediately with advanced equipment and techniques to remove the water quickly. Here are some dos and don’ts when it comes to water damage. First off, let’s talk about clean water:
- Shut off the source of water if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the source.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building when access is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Remove paintings, art objects, computers, documents, and other materials to a safe, dry place.
- Use wooden clothespins to keep furniture skirting off damp floors.
- Hang draperies with coated hangers to avoid contact with wet carpeting and floors.
- Hang fur and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
- Enter rooms with standing water where electrical shock hazards may exist.
- Enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers, or electrical equipment are exposed to water. Always avoid electrical shock hazards.
- Leave books, newspapers, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpets or floors to cause staining.
- Leave Oriental rugs or other colored rugs on wet wall-to-wall carpets to cause staining.
- Use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water, possibly causing electrical shock or damage to the vacuum cleaner.
- Use TVs or other appliances while standing on wet carpets or floors, especially not on wet concrete floors.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
Now, let’s discuss contaminated water:
- Avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated by sewage.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after contact with contaminated items.
- Spread contaminated water by walking unnecessarily on damaged or wet areas.
- Turn on the HVAC system if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air.
- Use household fans to dry the structure and spread contaminants.
- Use products for personal hygiene and cleanliness if exposed to contaminated areas.
SERVPRO® of Douglas and Otter Tail Counties has professionals dedicated to responding immediately to water emergencies. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost in the long run. If you have been affected by water disaster and need help, call us night or day at 320-219-6507. SERVPRO® of Douglas and Otter Tail Counties is faster to any size disaster!
For Immediate Service in Douglas or Otter Tail County, Call SERVPRO
Douglas and Otter Tail County Residents: We provide immediate service day or night!
SERVPRO of Douglas and Otter Tail Counties provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Douglas and Otter Tail County. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – 320-219-6505
Whether your Douglas or Otter Tail County home needs emergency flood damage relief or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or water damage to strike your Douglas or Otter Tail County commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services, we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business! Give SERVPRO of Douglas and Otter Tail Counties a call to learn more at 320-219-6505.
TIPS TO KEEP YOUR SUMMER BARBEQUES SAFE: Use These to prevent Fire Damage to Your Home
A fun barbeque on a lovely summer night can quickly turn in to a disaster if left unattended. Use these tips to help keep your barbeque safe.
Now that summer is really in full swing, we are all spending a lot of time outdoors, including enjoying those lovely summer barbeques! Every year too many homes are impacted by fire damage as a result of outdoor grilling. Remember these safety tips:
- Keep your grill at least 10 feed from your house. Even farther away, if possible!
- Be sure to clean your grill regularly.
- If using a gas grill, be sure to check for gas leaks.
- Keep a fire extinguisher within a couple steps of your grill.
- Never turn on the gas while the grill lid is closed.
- Never leave a grill unattended.
Enjoy that juicy steak or burger this summer! If you do end up burning more than just your food, remember to give SERVPRO of Douglas and Otter Tail Counties a call. We can be reached at 320-219-6507
Welcome to Our New Marketing Representative!
Bobbie Batesole, our new marketing representative
We are pleased to welcome Bobbie Batesole to our staff as the new Marketing Representative. She will be responsible for introducing West Central Minnesota to the services we provide.
“One of our most important priorities is to provide the very best support and service to our customers” said Trevor Rossum, owner of SERVPRO OF Douglas and Otter Tail Counties. “The knowledge and skills Bobbie brings to our franchise will help us better serve our community and ensure our customers’ satisfaction.”
“I’m very excited to join the team at SERVPRO of Douglas and Otter Tail Counties!” said Batesole. “It’s a unique opportunity to grow as a professional while helping people in a time of need.” She has extensive experience in sales and marketing, office, administration and management. Batesole resides in Evansville, MN with her husband, Darin, where she also serves on the Evansville City Council and the Board of the Evansville Arts Coalition
Faster To Any Size Disaster!
SERVPRO of Douglas & Otter Tail Counties provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service in Alexandria, Fergus Falls and their surrounding
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Douglas & Otter Tail Counties provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Douglas & Otter Tail Counties arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 at 320-219-6505
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Douglas & Otter Tail Counties
SERVPRO of SERVPRO of Douglas & Otter Tail Counties specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
When Storms or Floods hit Douglas or Otter Tail County, SERVPRO of Douglas & Otter Tail Counties is ready!
Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage in Douglas and Otter Tail Counties.
SERVPRO ofDouglas & Otter Tail Counties specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Douglas and Otter Tail Counties, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 320-219-6505
What is Mold?
Mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 320-219-6505
SAFE SUMMER BARBEQUES: Tips To Prevent Fire Damage To Your Home
SERVPRO of Douglas & Otter Tail Counties provides 24 hour water and fire restoration service.
Now that summer is in full swing, be sure to keep your home and family safe by avoiding some common mistakes at your next barbeque. Every year homes are impacted by fire damage as a result of gas grills. Remember these safety tips:
- Keep your grill at least 10 feet from your house. Farther is even better.
- Clean your grill regularly.
- Check for gas leaks.
- Keep a fire extinguisher within a couple steps of your grill.
- Never turn on the gas while the grill lid is closed.
- Never leave a grill unattended.
Enjoy that juicy burger! But remember to call SERVPRO of Douglas & Otter Tail Counties should you burn more than just your burger.
SERVPRO of Douglas & Otter Tail Counties
SERVPRO of Douglas & Otter Tail Counties provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service.
SERVPRO of Douglas and Otter Tail Counties is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - (320) 219-6505
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Douglas and Otter Tail Counties has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Douglas and Otter Tail Counties
SERVPRO of Douglas and Otter Tail Counties specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.